This post is exactly what the title says. Part 1/6 of what I feel are my favorite songs of 2011. (I couldn’t choose just a few.)
I’ve honestly always wanted to do this but was always too lazy lol but this time I was determined to make it happen. Like I said, there are 6 parts and I’ll have them all posted by the first of the new year. All together there are about 50 songs, I think?
I picked these song based on how many times I’ve listened to them and how I personally feel towards them. This has absolutely nothing to do with quality (well…not completely anyway), because some songs I chose over others that were probably “better”.
To put it simply, these are songs that were released this year that I really enjoyed. That’s that. So on to it.
(I may go back and leave DL links to the songs…I’m not sure yet.)
10 of your favorite foods
- Cupcakes (I only allow myself one once a week. It’s a ritual tbh)
- Pad thai
- cucumbers (I eat them at every meal. Seriously.)
- Tempura Udon
- Cucumber Kimchi (I love Asian cuisine. Obviously.)
- Pizza (honestly, who doesn’t list pizza as one of their favorite foods?? WHO?)
I am on roll with these posts lol
There are two songs that I am obsessed with right now. One is Kyary’s new song, ‘Tsukema Tsukeru’ and the other, which I just heard a couple of days ago, is Orange Caramel’s ‘Funny Hunny’.
”Tsukema Tsukeru’ is her first true single, because as far I know (correct me if I’m wrong), ‘PONPONPON’ was just a digital/promotional single for her mini-album and as such, is not counted as her actual first single.
Anyway, this song, much like ‘PONPONPON’, is very catchy and the PV is just as odd as her other PV. My only problem with this song is it almost feels like a Perfume reject song…I guess that’s understandable being that they use the same producer. Even still, I hope they have her get a more distinct sound, she already stands out by how she looks and by her PVs, but not everyone’s going to find out about her through her videos… Okay. I’m just rambling now lol.
And now Orange Caramel.
Orange Caramel. I love them. love love love. Kpop fans act like it’s wrong to like them because they’re “too cute” but so the fuck what? What’s wrong with some cuteness every now and then? I’d prefer natural cuteness over that try-hard sexiness that most of them are doing. If I’m being completely honest, I’d listen to Orange Caramel over After School any day.
The MV is a cartoon which I don’t like because I would rather a video with them actually in it, whatever. The song is super cute and all I keep singing in my head is – MY FUNNY HUNNY~~ Gawd this song is so cute.
Can’t believe I forgot to talk about Kuu! Well, I’m sure everyone knows already anyway…but just in case you don’t, Kuu is getting married to KENJI03 – vocalist of BACK-ON – and she is also eight weeks pregnant. Her upcoming album (which looks like it will be fucking amazing) JAPONESQUE, was scheduled for a late February release but has been pushed up to late January…obviously because she’s preggers. She will be on hiatus after the release of her album until November 13th of next year.
I’m extremely happy for her, but gawd that’s almost an entire year of inactivity and Kuu pushes those singles and albums out like Ayu…I’m creying tbh. Who is gonna give me the sluttiness that Kuu can give? Will be a huge void in my fandom life next year.
Christmas is literally a week away, so I thought what better post to do than a post about Christmas music? As I’m sure people who read this blog know, I love Japanese music more than anything. The great thing about Japanese music is that they truly have music for every. single. season. Every one. Which I find fantastic, because I tend to listen to songs that I feel go with the season. Anyway, Here are some of my absolute favorite Japanese winter songs (like last SOTM post, to DL the song click on the title)
10 Things about your personality
- I’m short-tempered
- I’m quiet. I often wonder if it makes people think I’m stuck up.
- I’m a very blunt person. I tell it like it is, whether you like it or not.
- I’m always unsure of myself. I seem totally calm on the outside, but on the inside I’m worrying about every little thing.
- I’m cautious of people. I don’t like taking the chance of being used.
- I’m ambitious.
- My feelings are easily hurt.
- I’m a hermit. I loathe going out. I’d rather stay home and do nothing.
- I’m a very impatient person. Very.
- I’m a realistic optimist.
Was planning on doing like three posts within the last week and a half but 1) work and 2) I’ve been really lazy. So please forgive me and read about/listen to these songs that I love at the moment.
Also before we get to the songs, I’ve decided that I’ll post links to download the songs that I list on my SOTM posts because I figure, if it were me and I’d heard a song on a blog that I really liked that I would want them to post a link so I could put said song on my iPod. So that’s what I’m going to do from now on.
10 things you do every single day.
- Download music
- listen to my ipod
- sing and dance. alone. in my bedroom.
- study Japanese (and recently a bit of French)
- talk to my sister
- play spider solitare
10 things about your appearance, (clothes, face, hair, height, smile, piercing’s, tattoo’s).
- I’m a shorty. I’m 5 feet even.
- I tend to buy a multitude of different clothing styles, but majority of the time, all I wear is skinny jeans, chucks(or nikes), and a tee…maybe a nice jacket if it’s cold out
- I have 9 piercings. 3 earlobe piercing on each side, 1 cartilage piercing on my left ear, I have my lip pierced (don’t really wear my ring anymore though), and my belly button pierced.
- I have one tattoo. Peonies on the lower left of my back.
- I have extremely thick curly hair, but I rarely ever wear it curly.
- I think I have small teeth. When I smile too hard my gums show. I call them “chucky teeth”.
- My face is almost always made up. Seriously. Even if I’m not going anywhere, my face is usually fully made (Contact lenses, false lashes, blush, lipgloss/stick etc etc. The works)
- I have a burn mark on the inside of my arm (next to my elbow) from a flat iron.
- I’m really pale. I actually have a vein under my left eye that is so noticeable people always think I have a black eye -_- . Make-up barely covers it.
- I’m a black chick. And proud of it.
All gifs at the end of posts for this challenge will be of GACKT.
Seo in Young just released a promo single for her new mini-album and it is OMG so freaking amazing! Very reminiscent of KARA’s Step Up in that it’s not full of aegyo or faux “fierceness” and it’s not annoyingly repetitive, it’s just a great pop track. So, I feel I have to give this song it’s own post 1) because I absolutely love Seo In Young. Love her. South Korea’s Diva. and 2) It’s one of the few Kpop tracks that I actually can say I love this year.
:EDIT:…For some reason all of my commentary was deleted. ;A; FML. So just listen to the songs.